Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The Waves of Change

Throughout our homeschool journey, there has always been a black cloud hanging over this endeavor.  Could we continue to afford to have me home homeschooling our son or would I have to go back to work full time?  By the grace of God we have been able to do it all of these years and by the grace of God I must now go back to work full time.  This transition has been wrought with anxiety and worry which has sent me to the Bible in Matthew chapter 6 of the sermon on the mount where Jesus explains how we are so much more precious to God than the birds of the air.  He provides for the birds and he will provide of us even more.

"But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.  Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.  Each day has enough trouble of its own."

Today we are looking at some options for our sons education and pray that it is temporary.  We trust that the Lord will provide for all of our needs in this time of change and look forward to the day we can resume our homeschooling journey.

3 comments:

  1. Rebecca,
    I understand your pain all too well as I've also had to seriously contemplate a full time job several times over the past 5 years of homeschooling. I know that this may not have been what you would have chosen for yourself or your son, but I also know that whatever the circumstance you will find a way to make the best of it for you both. I'm sending you lots of love, strength, and peace during this time of change, my friend. And I look forward to hearing the amazing things you'll do in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate your work here on your blog. It has been a blessing for me. You are absolutely right, the Father will provide. I pray that your prayers will be answered, but along the way you will bring a bright perspective to those around you because of where you have been these past homeschooling years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your encouragement! I look forward to resuming our journey in the future:)

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets